I push through and work to free myself from the frozen cold
fighting to live and grow
at last I am freed from the wintery grip of the ground
I am able to burst forth adding color to the dreary days
ushering in a new season
The Crocus – by Buffy 4/1/18
As the time drifts by faster and faster every year I find myself circling back to the idea of minimizing the things I have held on to for most of my life. I always said “one day I will…” you know the saying; I think we all have collected or gathered things in our lives with the intent that “one day” we “would do” – SOMETHING…
- read the book, magazine or a blog
- write the novel
- paint the picture
- exercise, ride my bike, use that treadmill, etc
- go on vacation, see that place
- call my friend
- repair that chair
- make that recipe
- catch up on laundry
- you name it I am sure it is out there on someone’s “One Day List.
I have decided it is time to minimize, focus and complete those things that I am capable of managing within the hours of the day I have for myself…diligently attempt to complete those things I have for years, in some cases, put off, ignored or just didn’t make the time to accomplish. Spring being here always seems to drive that home-body instinct to clean, organize and start fresh. Like the crocus that fights through the frozen ground and snow to bring beautiful color to the dreary gray days I emerge from my own winter doldrums eager for change.
My first goal is to regularly blog because it has been a true form of release, relaxation and healing for me. I have been so horrible at time management over the years with regard to my focus on things that bring me creative, mental and emotional joy – – the little chores and responsibilities of everyday life have taken priority – – I hold so much within myself and get anxious about so many things I allow myself to become overwhelmed by life in general – like many of us – it gets to be too much! I am trying to encourage my husband to do the same but he has to come to his own self-awareness and resolutions. Control what is within your capability to control and change the things you can – let everything else fall by the way side.
What I accomplished this week:
- laundry – 6 loads (no not ALL the clothes are put away…but all the loads were done in ONE day!)
- cleaning out and organizing the ‘plastic containers, lids and stuff’ in many of my kitchen cabinets (still a work in progress)
- blogged several times and posted to Twitter, Instagram and FB
- Photographed new earrings I made; put them on my webpage and remade my Meg fossilized shark tooth necklace in a new copper wrap
- cleaned out almost every one of my email inboxes – still a WIP – there is a lot in them
- played with my dog almost every single day and took her for 2 long walks
- read some posts on buddhist and mindfulness sites
- actually cleaned and moisturized my face EVERY morning and evening!!! miracles can happen people
- some other stuff I have been putting off or beating myself up for NOT doing!!!!!
These things may seem ridiculous but when you sit down and think about what you have accomplished instead of what you haven’t – – it makes you feel a lot better! So instead of thinking “I didn’t get …. done” – – our new thought and statement will be “To Be Continued…”